Speaking of arrived, the Elf on the Shelf has made it's first appearance in our household. Ella the Elf, as Kainen has renamed her. Poor elf was just a number before, being only one of the 500,000 Santa's helpers, she now has a name that suits her. Not only is she here at our home, she also has a friend who is peeking around his classroom....he also made his first appearance today! Lots of little eyes on Kainen this year, better keep him off that naughty list.
Lots of traditions are beginning and new ones are being started. I'm hoping to have 25 items, traditions, this season. Here are just some ideas, and if you have any to share..please do. I could definitely use some help! Hope you all have a happy December and a very blessed holiday season!
- Elf on the Shelf makes an appearance
- Family ornaments are purchased
- Christmas tree is put up and decorated
- Buy Christmas Pj's
- Get Family Pictures done!
- Ride thru the Holiday in Lights
- Set up a Nativity, tell Kainen the true meaning of Christmas
- Bake Cookies to decorate
- Visit Santa at our Local Mall
- Enjoy Christmas treats and hot chocolate while watching Christmas Classics
- Read Christmas stories
- Send out Christmas Cards
- Donate Canned Goods and/or Toys to less fortunate
- Wear Christmas Pjs Christmas Eve/Christmas morning
- Track Santa's sleigh
- Catch a Christmas Program, Kainen has a Musical Performance December 15 :)
- Walk around Downtown Cinci and check out all the festive decor and shops!
- Try Ice Skating as a family at a local Town Center, try again on a date with the hubs
- Attend our Church's Christmas Service
- Make Snow angels and snowmen after the First Snowfall, if possible
Those are all of my ideas for now...we'll see how it goes!
Here's Day 1 of Ella the Elf, spotted near our computer this evening...