Tuesday, January 3, 2012

5 Years

Yesterday, the hubby and I celebrated our 5th Wedding Anniversary :) It's crazy to think we've been married for five years. I won't lie, it's been a crazy roller coaster ride at times...as every marriage there will be those ups and downs! I wouldn't trade anything in the world, I am happy...very happy! He's a wonderful father to our son and he treats me like a queen. He can be the best at saying the right things, and showing me how much he loves me. A little note here and there, "good morning beautiful" every morning, etc. I love him very much and I feel blessed to have such a wonderful man in my life!

An early pic of the hubs and I
Boy were we thin-ner :)

Me on our Wedding day!

Our Family of 3 Now


The Rings! 'Til Death Do Us Part



Engagement Story:
The hubs and I had planned to go on a date in Downtown Charleston. The night was among us, but the weather had turned. Jason still wanted to continue our date. We drove around the Market, towards Waterfront and then to the Battery. My lovely husband decided to pull over and get out. Needless to say, the weather was awful, very windy and just plain storming. We proceeding to run towards the gazebo that was in the middle of the park. I squeezed a little closer to him for warmth and to get a little dry, but I sensed a little fidget here and there. After telling me how much he loved me, and that he wouldn't want to be without me, that I was the best thing that ever happened to him...he pulled out a box he was trying to hide from his coat pocket. He dropped down to one knee and asked me to marry him!! The weather didn't matter to me anymore, I just wanted to stand there and soak up all the glory of the moment, the love...everything. And literally, minutes later we were soaked. :) Of course I said yes, and here we are...5 years later!!

3 comments: