Friday, August 27, 2010

The View From Here


I started my "do good" journey yesterday by being a hero and donating blood :) There was a local blood drive blitz happening and I wanted to be a part of it. My mother and I made a trip to one of the many locations set up and gave our blood to save a life! My view from our experience was amazing. Many people showed up in the 2 hours we were there, some even donating double. There were a ton of volunteers from the American Red Cross setting up tables and chairs, manning the canteen area, taking info and even watching my child! I was blessed to be able to share the experience with my mother and for the good feeling I have knowing that my donation may save a life.

American red cross Pictures, Images and Photos


If you are a healthy individual and feel like you can make a difference, please don't hesitate to find your local American Red Cross and donate. They are always in need of blood, especially the rare types. Just think about how many lives were saved yesterday by the many people who came out to the 3 locations in a 12 hour period. I made a difference, you can too!

No comments:

Post a Comment